Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Conversations with Abby & Jadyn

So the past 2 days have been full of conversations with Abby & Jadyn. Some I had to write down so I would not forget. I hope you enjoy!

The girls went on Nature Hunts with their classes. Abby went yesterday. Jadyn went today. Here are some things they saw.

Abby: Kissing Dragonflies that were stuck together
A turtle that had a little hole on it's shell. Kids thought he was fighting with another turtle. Some thought he was scared.
Bugs on a bridge
Lots of love bugs
Spiders

Jadyn: Lizards
Shoes in a tree
Poop on the bridge. I don't know who pooped on the bridge. Maybe some animals
A Cat

Yesterday the girls were outside playing. Jadyn was in the pool, Abby was playing a Nintendo DS game she got for her birthday. Abby said "Mommy who gave me this game?" I said "Willow did". She said "I know Willow. She's my friend from China. Where does she live? South America?" I said "No Abby, she lives in Florida". Then Jadyn yells out and says "My friend Maleah lives in Florida! How cool!"

That cracked me up! They do not think they live in FL. They think that our community is where they live. And yes, they are right, but they think the community is like Florida. We try to explain it to them, but they don't get it. At least not yet.

Debbie

No comments: