Saturday, September 6, 2008

A fun and busy day....

It's only 2 PM and we've had a fun filled day. Our day started at 5:15 this morning. I got up and took my shower. Then everyone else got up and got ready for breakfast. We were at Chef Mickey's by 6:50 AM. We were seated by 7:05. They first took our family photo (which we're suckers, and bought). Then we ate. The girls did very well. They ate a lot. They saw Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie & Donald. They were thrilled. Abby got a special place mat since it was her birthday breakfast. Then she got a cupcake & candle to blow out. Breakfast was really good.
We were done by 8:15 or so. Headed back to the room to get sunblock & last minute things for the morning.
We took the monorail to Magic Kingdom. We got to the park around 9:00 AM. It was EMPTY! We were shocked. We literally walked on every ride we did today. The rides we rode were Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain (Tiff & Bill), The People Mover (me, Abby & Jadyn), The race cars (Bill, Jadyn, Abby & Tiff), the tea cups (me, Abby & Jadyn), Goofy's roller coaster (Bill, Jadyn, Abby & Tiff), The train to Frontierland, Splash Mountain (Bill, Jadyn, Tiff AND Abby!), Tiff & Jadyn did Splash mountain again, Thunder Mountain (Bill & Tiff), the Haunted Mansion, The carousel and then Mickey's Philharmagic. We could not believe how light the crowds were. The crowd was starting to pick up as we were leaving.
It is HOT today. Very hot. The sun is strong. No cloud cover.
Bill & the girls are at the hotel arcade now. I'm cooling off. I think we'll head down to the pool later after a much needed rest.
I have to tell you that this hotel reminds me of a lot. Yesterday, the halls reminded me of being in a hospital. Then this morning, when I was getting ready to take a shower, I thought I was in China. The hotel reminded me of China.
The hotel is really nice. We like it here.
Well I'm going to rest right now. I just wanted to type up some thoughts before I forgot.
Until next time...
Debbie

No comments: