Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spacers & eating outside

Today is a big day for Tiffani. The start of getting braces. I took her to the orthodontist at 8:30 AM this morning so they could put spacers in her mouth. I had no idea what this was or what they were going to do. Honestly it seems silly. But that's because I'm clueless to what is in store. Anyway, they took Tiff back and put the spacers in between her back molars. She has a total of 7 spacers. This is supposed to put space between the teeth so they can then put the braces on. Tiff said it feels like there is food caught in her teeth. She also said it's a little uncomfortable. Here is a photo of her spacers. I know it's not a very pleasant photo. :-) Next Thursday Tiffani will be getting her braces. Please pray for her. :-)


This afternoon turned out to be very pleasant. Not too hot. So we decided to eat outside by the pool again. I love doing this. The girls love it too. They ask me every night if they can eat outside. So tonight we did. After dinner, the girls played on the lanai. It was great to see them playing and not sweating.


Tomorrow is Friday again. The weeks seem to be going by faster. I love having the girls in school 5 days a week. I thought I would be able to get more done. But because they get out at 12, it makes for a fast morning.

This weekend I'm hoping to go see Fireproof with Bill. I have heard wonderful reviews about this movie.

The girls are all doing well. School is going well. Abby & Jadyn love school. Jadyn has been sad most of the week when we pick her up because her teacher has had to leave early a few days because her daughter is sick. Jadyn does not like change so it's been hard for her.

The other morning I was talking to Abby's teacher and she asked me if Abby liked school. She said that Abby is always wanting to be with Jadyn and that she is very clingy and wants to be held or stand by the teachers. I told her that I am surprised she misses Jadyn so much, and it does not surprise me that she is so clingy. I explained to Ms. Nadia how Abby is a touch person. She loves to get hugs and if she could, would ask everyone to carry her all day long. So I told her to just tell Abby she needs to sit with the kids. I also explained to Abby that she needs to sit on the carpet with her friends or in the chairs. She is not to hang on her teachers all day long. She can give them a hug in the morning and a hug to say goodbye. I also assured Ms. Nadia that Abby loves school. So she felt better after we talked.

We found out today that the middle school band will not be going to Washington DC in April. There was not enough interest in the students/families. We needed a minimum of 50 students to go and Tiff said about 20 turned in the deposit (which was due yesterday). I know her band teacher was excited about this opportunity. So I know she is upset about it now.

So that is our week. Hopefully this weekend will be fun.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...the spacers are to make room for the bands they put around the molars. :) I am in the middle of my 18 month stint with braces...the spacers were the worst. But, the results are the BEST! :) Hope you guys are doing well. Tracey