These were Jadyn's words this morning. I was sneaking a private moment of hugs & kisses with Jadyn while everyone else was getting ready for school, and I said "Mommy & Daddy will have to keep adopting more babies, because mine are growing up way too fast." Jadyn smiled and said "Well then lets go and abopt a baby from China". I smiled at her because of how she said it. Then I told her the word is "adopt". I asked Jadyn what does adopt mean? She said "it means having a baby in your tummy." I said "No, because you & Abby are not from my tummy." She said "Like Tiffani was?" I said "yes, like Tiffani". I told her my tummy broke and no more babies can come there. Then she asked THE question. She asked "How did Tiffani get in your tummy?" I smiled and said "God put her there". Then she said "Why can't we have another baby?" I said "Because my tummy is broken." She said "Doesn't God want to put another baby in there?" I smiled again and said "God wanted us to adopt you & Abby. He did not want another baby to grow in my tummy." That pleased her curiosity. Then she said "I want to go to China to adopt a baby." I said "I thought you did not want to go to China." She said "I do now. I want a baby." Jadyn wants a baby in the house so she can feed it. I don't think she wants to be "the baby" of the family. I think it's cute.
Tomorrow is the 100 day of school. The girls have been doing projects with 100 etc. Jadyn said to me yesterday "Mommy, Friday is our 100 day of school. Does that mean we get to go to the BIG school (elementary) now?" I giggled and said "No Jadyn, not yet".
The girls so badly want to go to kindergarten. They want to ride their bikes to school. They want to eat lunch in the cafeteria, not their classroom (like they do now).
Jadyn is also ready to go swimming. Unfortunately we have not paid to heat the pool yet. So the water is still cold, even though we're pushing 80 degrees outside. I told Jadyn that daddy has to call to get it heated. She has asked every morning when she wakes up, every afternoon when she gets home from school, and every afternoon after rest time, if daddy has heated the pool yet. I keep having to say "no, he has not". Then today I said "Jadyn, you need to talk to you dad about this and ask him to heat the pool for you". :-)
I'll keep you posted on that......Until next time.....
Em here~
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment