Bill & I became husband & wife. I feel old! Has it really been 17 years? Where have the years gone? Honestly I kept forgetting that our anniversary was coming up. This summer has been so busy and with Bill gone until last week, it was the last thing on my mind. Bill & I talk about the early years a lot. And what is sad, is we can't remember life before kids. We were married 3 1/2 years before Tiff came along. Life had to be easier. No real responsibilities. Some days we would love to go back to 1991, the year we got married. Other days, I'm so thankful that it's 2008. Our lives have gone on a path we did not expect. We never planned on moving out of St. Pete. And we did. We never planned on adopting. And we did, twice. We never thought about leaving the country, and we did. I'm about to turn 36 and Bill will be turning 40 in Dec. Some days I feel so old. Then I hear "40 is the new 30" and I like that. :-) Bill told me that when he was at camp, he felt like he was in his 20's again. And he loved it.
Who knows what else God has planned for us. I hope to have many, many more happy years with my dear hubby!
Bill I love you. I love that you have made my dreams come true. I love how you are always here for me. I love how you love our daughters. I love how you love me. Thank you for being an amazing husband & father. I love you! Happy Anniversary!
Love, Debbie
P.S. For anyone who is reading this, Sorry I don't have a wedding photo of us to put online. I looked and I do not have one scanned. We got married before digital camera's were invented (I think LOL). maybe one day I'll figure out how to scan our wedding photo and upload it.
Em here~
11 years ago
1 comment:
Congratulations from someone who was there when it started. I still remember the day Bill told me he sent you flowers and asked you out. You guys looked good together from the beginning. It's hard to believe we've been friends for 20+ years (Actually I've known you, Debbie, since we were kids). We've come a long ways from double dates and watching movies late. Can't wait to Chris and Tiff get married. :) That would be too funny.
Martin and Tammy (16 yrs and counting)
Post a Comment