Bill called when he was in Newark. It was good to hear his voice. He said the flight was okay. He was able to sleep a lot.
Then it was time for him to leave for Tampa. I saw that the flight was delayed. We kept checking and it kept getting delayed. We had big plans for his homecoming. Bill said the ONE thing that he HAS to have is a pizza. So my brother was going to pick up a pizza for him and have it waiting at the airport. Bills brother Rick & his wife Jenn and their kids drove up from Sarasota to meet him at the airport. Bills mom & brother Mark & his daughter Grace were going to be there. Bill had no idea. So around 9 PM when we knew his flight was late about an hour, everyone came over and the kids ran around. I kept checking the flight. More delays. Then it said 12:55. That is when we said it's too late. Bill called and said "Can you see if Daniel can pick me up". He knew it was too late for us to come out. I'm so glad Daniel is here to take Bill to and from the airports. Bill called again and said that the plane now has a flat tire (the original delay was the plane was not in Newark yet). Well I think the last phone call I got was around 11:30 and Bill said they were changing planes.
At 4 AM this morning the door opened. It was Bill and Daniel. Tiff was sleeping on the couch so she could hear when he came home. She jumped up and hugged him hard. I jumped out of bed to give them hugs too. The girls slept through it all. Bill was exhausted. He had plans to go to church today. That isn't going to happen. He's still sleeping. He's exhausted.
I looked on Continentals website and it says that they were 4 hrs and 7 minutes late. He was scheduled to leave Newark at 7:20 PM but actually left at 12:10 AM. He was scheduled to land in Tampa at 10:39 PM but landed at 2:46 AM.
So that was his adventure last night, early this morning. His family is all at his mom's house. Bill has no idea they were all here. That is why I took this photo, so he could see we were all waiting for him to come home.
I can't wait for him to wake up and be refreshed so we can hear all about his week. We missed him so much. We are so proud of him. Thank you for your prayers.
Love, Debbie
P.S. Bill did not get his pizza last night. We might have to have that today for lunch. His mom did make his favorite dessert, chocolate chocolate cake. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment