Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jadyn has made a friend!

I'm so excited. Jadyn has made her own friend. She is so excited too. Yesterday she announced to everyone she saw that she had a new friend and her name is Malea. Jadyn had her big, beautiful smile when she would announce this. Then today, she told me how they found a frog on the playground. Malea picked it up. Jadyn touched it. Malea named it "Bing Bing". The teacher saw it. Then Bing Bing jumped down and played hide & seek with the girls. Jadyn was giggling the whole time she told me this story. I could not help but smile.

Then today she ran out of the school and said "that girl gave me a hug! that girl gave me a hug & a kiss! That's so funny...." I said "Who gave you a hug?" She said "Malea". I told her that she liked her. Jadyn liked that. But I think Jadyn thought it was weird. She was all smiles & giggled again.

She told Abby that she made a friend. Abby asked her name. Jadyn said "I've already said! It's Malea". Abby said "I don't know her". Jadyn was happy about that.

Today we were running late. Well Abby was running late. So Jadyn & I left without her. Bill waited back for Abby. On our walk, it was great to just have Jadyn to talk with. She talked and talked about her new friend. Then when we got up to the street, we saw that Abby was coming. I waited. Jadyn pulled me and said "Come on mom! We have to get to school!"

Thinking about this morning, I started wondering what Jadyn would be like if Jadyn was an only child. I believe that she would not be as shy as she is. I think that she is following in Abby's shadow. When you get Jadyn alone, she's a different girl. She's full of life. When you get Abby & Jadyn together, she backs off and is more quiet. It makes me feel so good to see that Jadyn is getting out of her shell and that she has made her own friend. That she did not need her sister to make a friend for her. And it makes me feel really good knowing that Jadyn loves school. I was worried how she would be in a class without Abby. Thankfully, she's doing just fine.

Jadyn's class goes to centers at 8 AM. They were already in centers when we got there. Jadyn ran to class, put her things down, signed her name and then headed to centers. We walked Abby to class and then came out and watched Jadyn. It was great to see her with the other kids. She knew what to do and where to go. It was super sweet.
Until next time,
Debbie

No comments: