At 2:30 this morning, the phone rings. Whenever the phone rings late at night or early (and I mean early) in the morning, it usually means something is wrong.
The call was from Pete. Bill answered. Pete said their flight to Newark has been canceled.
WHAT? Are you kidding? It's 2:30! They are supposed to leave in 2 1/2 hrs for the airport. Could this really be happening?
Bill is still on the phone with Pete right now. I have no idea what they are discussing. So I came out here to see why it is canceled. This is what was on Continental's website:
Northeast - Excessive rainfall and flash flooding loom for much of New England and Long Island today as a cold front creeps eastward through the region. It could be a difficult day for travel--both on the ground and in the air--around New York City, and maybe in Boston later in the afternoon or evening. Maine, however, could escape the brunt of the watery assault until tonight. A few severe storms will probably rumble over southern New England and Long Island during the day.
Now I think I heard Pete say they could take a flight out of Orlando today and still make the connector to Beijing. So why would Orlando still fly there if Tampa will not? Are they not supposed to leave today? I don't know. It makes me so nervous.
Please continue to pray. I will update once they have decided what to do.
Thank you in advance!
Deb
No comments:
Post a Comment