Yesterday was a long day. The dreaded day of Tiff leaving for a week. I know it will be a great week for her. But I'm very sad about her leaving. This is the first time ever that I will not see her for a week. She promised she would call every day. I told her she did not have to, but secretly hopes that she does. Yesterday started out like any other Sunday. We went to church. After church we had lunch with nanny and then we had to run to the stores for a couple of last minute camp items. We got home around 4 PM and started to finish packing. Tiff ended up with 2 suitcases, a carry on bag and a backpack. Not bag, after seeing what some kids brought. LOL We had to be at the church at 9 PM. I had no idea how the girls would be staying up that late. They had been up since 6 AM. I kept watching the clock, counting down the hours until Tiff would leave. Tiff & I had a little cry fest around 6 PM and then we were good. :-) At 8:45 we packed the car and headed to church. Once there, she had to have her carry on bags checked. I thought we were at the airport or something. LOL They checked to make sure there was no food in their bags because no food is allowed on the bus. They also checked their IPods for appropriate music. We waited and waited for the bus to arrived. Abby & Jadyn were full of energy so we let them run in the fellowship hall. That brought attention to Tiffs friends. And before we knew it, the 8th grade girls were playing duck duck goose with Abby & Jadyn. Then some of the older girls joined in. It was cute. We waited over an hour for the bus to arrive. We were all tired. I think around 10:30 it came. They loaded up the bus, and then took a group photo. Then off they went. We were leaving the church at 11:10 PM. Abby & Jadyn did well until about 11 PM. They were tired & hot. We strapped them in the car and I think they fell asleep immediately.
Tiff is going to have a great time. She has been gone for 9 hrs now. They will be stopping at sliding rock sometime today and I hope she has a lot of fun. I hope she was able to sleep some on the bus and I pray she did not get car sick. She has her meds if she does. She is sitting in the 2nd row so that is good.
Please pray for the youth as they travel and spend a week at camp. Pray that they will grow closer to God. Pray for their safety. They will be driving back home Friday night and getting in Saturday morning.
Thank you!
Debbie
Em here~
11 years ago
1 comment:
WOW..Tiff looks so excited to be going to camp. I know this week is going to be tough on you guys..I'll be saying a prayer for peace that passes all understanding for all of you!
Love, Kim
www.journeytohannah.com
www.hannahlovesherjuiceplus.com
Post a Comment