This has been a busy week. Monday, I had a teacher conference with Abby's preschool teacher. This is routine, so we know if she is ready for Kindergarten. Her teacher said she is a wonderful girl. That she is doing great. There were no real concerns that the teacher had for me. It was a good report. I was very pleased. :-)
Today, was Jadyn's teacher conference. Again, the same sort of things. She said Jadyn is very smart, and wants to learn and is very creative. She also said she's quiet, but once she is comfortable, she comes out of her shell. Again, very pleased with everything the teacher had to say.
Yesterday, Abby had her first cavity filled. We have been preparing her for this. We showed up a little early and they called us right back. They have a TV in the room so Abby was focused on that. They numbed her mouth and she said that felt funny. Then the dentist came in and said "Abigail, you have a sugar monster in your tooth. We need to get him out. But first I'm going to put him to sleep, okay? Once he is asleep, I'm going to get him out. Then, I have to fill where the sugar monster left". Abby was okay with all of this. She did not flinch. She did not move. She kept holding the hygienist's hand, which they thought was cute. She was not holding it because she was scared, but because she wanted to "touch" someone. Abby is our touch kid. :-) Abby did great. No issues. No tears. When she was finished, they let her choose a sticker and then gave her a gold coin to pick a treasure with. She chose a tattoo. When we were checking out, she showed me her sticker. It was Batman. I said "Batman? Really?" She said "This is for Billy". AWWWW.... She's our sweet spirit! So, we put Billy's Batman sticker on my desk with a cross necklace we bought for him. After the dentist, Abby & I did some shopping. She liked the alone time with mom.
Today is our first homestudy visit. I'm ready for it. I just made sure I have the papers that Vickie will need. And the house is picked up. We're ready!
It's freezing here today. I bundled the girls up. They so badly want to go to the park this afternoon but I'm afraid it might be too chilly. We'll see.
I have not taken any pictures this week. I guess I need to do that. :-)
I'll journal tomorrow or later in the weekend. There is no school tomorrow. not sure what we'll do in the morning. Tiff will be leaving with the youth group to go to a girls conference in Orlando. She's so excited.
Until then.....
Em here~
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment