Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bunk Beds, Birthday Party & Preschool Thanksgiving

Wow, a lot to update in this post. Where has November gone? I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving. And then Christmas will be here very soon. I feel so overwhelmed.....
First I have to let you know, we did it, again! We set up bunk beds and moved the girls into the same room. They have been in the room together now for 10 days. And it's going well. They have been sleeping and loving being together. We set up the other room as a playroom, for now. Who knows, it might turn into a bedroom for another child. We're talking about adopting again. :-) So anyway, here is a photo I took of the girls one morning when they were waking up. Don't you love the bed head? Jadyn is on the top, Abby on the bottom.


This past Saturday we had a combined birthday party for Jadyn & her friend Isabella. We went to a little petting farm. They had a hayride & then pet some animals. They got to feed a cow and a donkey. The kids had a blast. One thing we did not expect was the weather. It was COLD! It did not warm up like it usually does. But that's okay, the kids did not mind. Here is a slide show of the party. Jadyn's actual 5th birthday is Dec 15th. I just chose to have a friend party early.


Yesterday the preschool had their Thanksgiving feast. They are off from school now so they had it on the last day. The kids wore their Native American hats. Jadyn even was given a Native American name. It was "Falling Rain". The kids got their lunches and headed outside where there were blankets ready for them to sit at. We were outside about 10 min and then it started to rain, and got cold. Finally Jadyn's teacher said "Lets go" and brought everyone back inside. The kids finished their feast in their classrooms. It was fun. The kids were cute. Here is a slide show.


Tomorrow we will be having Thanksgiving with just the 5 of us. It will be nice and relaxed. We'll get up and have breakfast. We'll make our Thanksgiving meal while the Macy's parade is on. My dad is in the parade this year so be sure to watch. He is in the Second Time Arrounder's Marching Band from St. Pete FL. We're excited to watch. Then after we eat and take naps :-) I hope to get our Christmas tree up.

Friday Tiff & my sister Denise plan on getting up early and doing the Black Friday sales. I'm not sure how much we'll get done. I hope there are some good sales.

I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I know that I'm Thankful for so much this year.

Until next time......

No comments: