Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 13th, Jadyn's Gotcha Day

March 13th is Jadyn's Gotcha Day anniversary. This year was her 3rd anniversary. So hard to believe it's been 3 years. She has grown and changed in so many wonderful ways. Jadyn was thrilled that today was HER day. She did not have to share it with anyone. She was all smiles and full of excitement.

Jadyn was in heaven this morning. I woke her up singing "Happy Gotcha Day" (tune to happy birthday). She woke up with the biggest smile. I made the girls green eggs & bacon. I asked J what she wanted for dinner and she said "pasghetti". Her wishes were granted.

This morning I asked Jadyn if she was going to tell her teachers that today is her Gotcha Day. She said "no, she did not want to tell them".

So we go to school, and we always go to Jadyn's class first. Jadyn goes to put her stuff away and Abby is always giving hugs to J's teachers. Well Ms. Kirsten says "Jadyn, why does Abby always run to give me hugs but you don't?" Then J went to give her a hug. Then Abby announces to the whole world "TODAY IS MY SISTERS GOTCHA DAY!" J's teachers said "what?" So Abby repeated it. They did not understand and asked what Gotcha Day meant. Jadyn just stood there, not wanting to talk. So I whispered to J to say "The day we met". So she said "The day we met" and it sounded like she said "today we met". So her teacher did not understand. So I whispered again to say "The day mommy & daddy got me". So she said that and then the teachers understood "the day we met". They thought it was so cool. Jadyn on the other hand was not too thrilled that she had to tell the teachers about her Gotcha Day. Thanks big sis Abby. LOL

Enjoy the photos.
Happy Gotcha Day sweet Jadyn. We love you so much. We are so thankful that God brought us together. Love Mommy

No comments: