Another year older. The years go by faster. I'm starting to feel old. Even though I know I'm not. But society makes me feel old.
Thankfully my family is not making me feel old. I've had a good day so far. I've received great emails & phone calls. It's been nice.
This morning Bill got up to go to a meeting at church and he asked if I was going to ride the bike today (I've been attempting to get healthy) or if we were going to go out. I told him I NEEDED to ride the bike. Well, at 7:30 the girls were all ready for school and I thought "I'm not going to ride today, it's my birthday!" So I took my shower & took the girls to school.
When Bill got home, I announced that I wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. So we headed out.
While we were driving, I told Bill how sad I was. Not because it was my birthday, but because of Billy. I'm sad that we probably will not be adopting him. (We found out some info this week that I will try to post about later. But if what we heard is true then he might not be adoptable). I'm sad that he will be growing up in the orphanage. So many thoughts went through my mind.
So while we were eating and Bill was trying to tell me that Billy will be okay, I told him "can you just do something, can we PLEASE buy some things for Billy? I want to send him some gifts." So we headed to the store. We had fun. We bought 2 t-shirts, a coloring book, a watch & some sunglasses. We will also put in some markers & maybe some gum. Doing this made me very happy. Now Bill needs to write him a letter and hopefully his friend Sarah will translate it so Billy can read it.
Tonight I have open house for the middle school. Not really the way I hoped to spend my birthday, but I need to go. I like to meet the teachers & know what Tiff is expected to do this year. Bill is going to cook my favorite dinner, Chicken Strips. He makes the best Chicken Strips.
So I'm another year older. Hopefully another year wiser. It's been a good day. I pray that this next year is just as happy as the past years.
Em here~
11 years ago
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Debra Jean Gunter Byrne....We of course will never forget that day...those many years ago... We are so proud of you and of your family. We LOVE you lots... and lots more everyday....
MOM and DAD
Post a Comment