Today was the day the girls could meet their new teachers. We have been trying to prepare Jade for this. We knew the girls would be in different classes this year. We knew Jade would have a problem with Abby not being there. We have been praying that she would do okay.
So this morning they got ready for school. Of course they thought they were going all day (all day to them is till noon). I took Abby to her class and Bill took Jade.
I will tell you first of the time in Abby's class.
We walked in and her new teachers Ms. Nadia & Ms. Diane greeted her. Abby walked in like she owned the class. She found her cubby and put her new backpack (a bank was there giving all the kids backpacks) in. Then she got to make a ladybug craft. Then off to do some activities. She found out her friend Victoria is in her class. She was excited.
After everyone arrived, they had circle time. They sang their ABC song from last year and then Ms. Nadia read a story. Then Ms. Nadia went over how their day will be. The kids got antsy and so it was time to leave.
Abby & I walked over to see how Jade's class was going. I peeked in and saw Bill holding Jade, a teacher rubbing her back and tears going down Jade's face. She wanted Abby. My fears were coming true.
We walked in and they finally calmed Jade down. She saw Abby and was happy. They told Jade that when she misses Abby then they will do their best to let her say hello.
Jade made her "person" and then we took a few photos with her teachers. By this time she was all smiles. I'm really sad because none of Jade's friends from last year are in her class. There is one boy from last year but Jade did not know him too well. I pray that she will make her own friends this year. I pray that she will love school like she did last year.
As we were walking home, I told Bill about Abby's class and he said "Okay right now I can tell you that Abby is in the "artsy" class and Jade is in the "academic" class. He said Ms. Tara had the kids reading a sentence, going over days of the week etc. I think the girls are in the best class for themselves. Jade needs the structure. Abby needs the nurturing.
So now Monday starts a whole new school year. I pray it will be a good one. The girls will go 5 mornings a week this year (8-12). They are so excited.
Here is a slideshow of the morning. I will have more photos of the first day of school on Monday.
Love, Debbie
PS The girls got their hair cut yesterday. Can you see how cute their hair is now?
Em here~
11 years ago
1 comment:
Ohh, poor Jadyn. I'll keep her in my prayers! Their hair looks SUPER cute!
Post a Comment