Thursday, April 23, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye is always hard. Today was no different. We said goodbye to Granny. We know that she is happier now. No more pain. No more discomfort. Walking with Jesus and her hubby who she has not seen in almost 30 years. We know she is rejoicing. And we sure hope she was looking down at us today, smiling really big.

The funeral service was nice. We sang some old songs, heard some people speak, the grandchildren all wrote a special memory they had of her. It was fun to hear. After the funeral, we went to the cemetery where we released doves. They were beautiful. I took a little video of it. I hope it turned out. Then we had lunch together at the church. What a fun time to just relax and remember. It was nice seeing my cousins again. It's been too long. We laughed at things we did as kids. We laughed a lot.

I will miss you Granny. I love you. You are a very special woman to me. I know one day I will see you again.

Here are some photos and (hopefully) some video of our day.
Thanks to all the emails I've received. I truly appreciate it.
Love, Debbie






No comments: