Sunday, September 7, 2008

Four Years Ago Today....

We found out who our daughter was. Her name was Wu Yu. And she just celebrated her 1st birthday. She was born in Nanchong, Sichuan China. She was living in foster care for the past 10 months.

It's our referral anniversary for Abby. That day was such a special day. We waited all day for the call. And because there was a storm brewing somewhere by us, schools were closed so Tiff was home to share in the experience. It was such a special moment. Bill took photos as I took down her information. As soon as I hung up, I cried. It was so overwhelming. We had been waiting for 7 years to have another baby. And Abby was our baby. She was and is perfect for us. We love her so much.

I can not believe it's been 4 years since we found out who she was and where she was living. I remember that once we found out, we wanted to get on the next flight to get her. But we had to wait 2 months. That was a long 2 months. But we did finally get to hold her in our arms. And she has stayed there ever since.

I'm so grateful and thankful that her birth mom chose life. I'm so grateful and thankful that she cared enough to make sure Abby was safe. I'm so grateful and thankful for my precious Abigail. Her birth mom will always be in our thoughts and prayers. The sacrifice that she made is unimaginable to me.

And I can't forget about Abby's foster mom. She clearly loved Abby very much. She took care of her for almost a year. She bonded with our precious Abigail. She took such good care of her. Abby was the biggest baby in the group. And I could tell that was because her foster mom loved her and gave her everything that she could. I'm so grateful to her foster mom.

One thing that we make sure that we do with both Abby & Jadyn is we talk about their birth mom's and foster mom's. Without these women, I don't know where my girls would be right now. They made sure my girls were safe. They took care of their needs. Their birth mom's gave them life, their foster mom's helped them live until we could come. They will always know that there are 2 women in this world who cared about them and who had something to do with them joining our family.

The girls know that we are their family. They know that they are adopted. They know that they were chosen by God to be our daughters. They are very proud of who they are. We are very proud to call them our daughters.

Below are the 3 referral photos that we received from China. When we first saw Abby's photo, we knew instantly that she was our daughter. She was and is so beautiful.

The first photo is the first photo we saw of Abby. We were instantly in love. The 2nd and 3rd photos came to us via Fed Ex the next day.





And now, 4 years later, we have a 5 year old who's goal right now is to be a teenager like her big sis Tiff. She has a boyfriend. His name is Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical movies). She does not realize he's a little old for her. She loves her family, she LOVES High School Musical, she loves watching movies with us, she loves to swim like a big kid now, she loves Disney, she loves Webkins, she loves to love.







Abigail Grace Yu, we love you so much. You have brought so much laughter to our family. You are growing into such a beautiful, wonderful little girl. We are proud of you and pray that God will always protect you and that you will always remember that we love you very much.
Love, mommy

No comments: