Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is Fall Really on it's Way?

Bill & I are going through something right now. We want out of FL. I think I go through this every year. I'm tired of the heat. I'm tired of it still feeling like it's summer, even though it's technically fall. I'm tired of not experiencing seasons.

A friend of mine just took her daughters to the apple orchard in NC. I am so envious. I would love to do that. They were in jeans & sweaters. Oh how I wish! We're still in shorts and swimming in the pool. I would love to do "fall" things. I would love to see the leaves change.

Today I read in the paper that they are expecting the temperatures to drop into the high 60's this week during the night. So, when we wake up, cool crisp air. But then by mid day, back in the 80's. I'm looking forward to some crispness. I hope the humidity is gone too. Then it will really feel nice.

Bill and I would love to move to NC one day. We know now is not the time. There are so many reasons why. Tiff is one of them. I don't want her to have to start a new high school. I want her to go to the one here. We know what to expect with this HS. And she has so many good friends. I like her friends. I like the activities she's involved with. So I don't want to change that.

I'm also happy with the friends I have made. I have made many new friends at church and am very happy. I like our church and love the programs they have for our family. I don't want to change that.

All I want changed is the weather in FL. And I know that is not possible. I just pray that we will get some relief from the miserable heat. I'm a true Floridian and I do believe it gets hotter every year. I remember when I was younger it was not this hot. I don't know, maybe it's just feels hotter because I'm getting older.

So, I'm praying the weather people are right. I'm praying that we wake up this week to some cooler air. That would be a nice relief. :-)

Until next time,
Debbie

No comments: