I'm so over living with construction. We moved into our house 21 months ago. We thought for sure the building around us would be complete by now. Boy were we wrong. With the housing marking not so active, building has basically stopped here.
Well, even though the market is dim, they did build a house next to us. We were not happy with how they built it. The lanai faces our master bedroom. Their AC units are outside of our master bedroom. So we will hear them coming and going from their garage & we will hear when their AC comes on and turns off.
(we live in houses where the garages are in the back of the house, so the lanai's are on the side).
Well today, we had a construction guy "flag" us down as we were walking to pick up the girls from school. He's whistling and saying "Hey guy". Bill finally turned around, not thinking he would be calling us. Well I guess, an inspection failed on the house next to us. The sod is soaked with water. So they have to re-grade the lot. And that includes our lot. (Just between the 2 houses). They said that we would not be responsible for any damage they might make. Bill said to just be sure they do not dig up our cable lines. The sprinkler company did a few weeks ago and that was a mess to get back on.
So they come, they dig up the grass & dirt. They are making a lot of noise. And just 5 minutes ago, the "boss" comes to our door. Yes, they were careful with the cable lines, BUT, they hit our sewer line. They have the crew called but it will be later tonight when they get here because they are working on another house. So, we are to flush sparingly.
I'm so tired of construction around me. And unfortunately it will not end any time soon. Thankfully we live on a corner lot so only one house will be built next to us (and it's almost done). But we have houses behind us, and across the street on the side of us and across the street in front of us that are yet to be built.
I have to tell you, the crews they hire do not care for anything but the job they are at. They park in front of our mailbox so the mailman has trouble. We get garbage in our yard all the time. They are loud.
And what is funny, is now they play soccer in the open lots across from us. I wish I could get up the nerve to take a photo. It's rather comical.
I just had to vent a little about what is going on in our life right now. I hope the sewer problem will not be a big one.
Until next time...
Deb
Em here~
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment