I finally have more photos from our 4th of July posted. Sorry it took so long. We've been busy trying to get our house a little decorated. We've been here for 18 months and we still have windows that look bare. So we all went shopping. We were gone for about 4 hrs. The girls did great. We came back with basically nothing. We did not know what do to with how to decorate. So we came home and just sat and thought about how to paint & decorate. We ended up rearranging our family room. We love it now. It's so cozy. We also are going to donate our TV because it was too big for our room. So we downsized and bought another one today. It's really nice.
Today (Sunday) we went to church and then while Bill & Tiff went to buy the TV, the girls & I rested. I was so tired. I slept on the couch for over an hour. It felt good.
So now, back to our 4th. We went in our pool around 2 PM. Bill & I lasted about an hour. The girls about 2 hrs. Abby learned how to swim to the bottom of the pool to get pool toys. She loved it. Because of Jadyn's ear infections, she can't get her head wet, which she was not happy about at all. So we had her swim in 2 tubes. She was somewhat okay with that. I have photos in the slideshow.
Bill fell asleep in a chair on our lanai. Of course, when the opportunity came, I snapped a photo. He was very tired.
After the pool we cooked out and ate dinner. Then at 6 I took Tiff to her friends house. Bill let the girls ride their bikes. When I got home, they were playing sidewalk chalk in our driveway. We stayed outside for over an hour. The girls had a blast. It brought back memories of when we would sit outside at our old house. Only this time, there were no neighbors coming by. Around 7 PM we got the sparklers out. The girls like it a little. When we were done, we went inside for baths. The girls were very hot. We thought a storm was coming. We had lightening but no rain. Around 8:30 the girls came out to the family room ready for fireworks. We went on our back lanai and watched what some neighbors were doing. They were great. The girls watched for about 5 min and then they were done. That's all they cared about.
We had a good 4th of July. I'm glad we spent it as a family. I'm glad it was so restful. We had a wonderful day.
Enjoy the photos. There are a lot in this slideshow. I think you can click on it 2 times to see the photos bigger.
Until next time,
Debbie
Em here~
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment