Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday


Today was another hot one in FL. The girls cousin Grace came over today with Nanny and the girls all swam. Well Jadyn did not want to. Jadyn was tired from all the excitement that has been going on here this week. She had a melt down so she needed some down time. The girls swam for about an hour and then had lunch. By that time Jadyn felt much better. I think this is the first time Grace has been in our pool. She had a great time. Grace & Abby were pretending to be dogs most of the time. There was not much swimming, but a lot of crawling. It was cute. I have photos in the slide show.
The rest of the afternoon we just sat around and watched The Parent Trap (the re-make). It was on ABC Family. So with commercials, it lasted 3 hours. During this time, a good thunderstorm came through. It's still lingering a little. I'm happy with that. We need the rain.
After dinner, I asked Jadyn if she wanted to brush my hair. They like to do beauty shop. As she's brushing, I asked her if she saw a lot of white hair. She said yes. She asked why I have white hair. I said that's what happens when you get old. Then I said "Do you think I'm old Jadyn?" She said "no, I think you're new". So sweet!
Oh and last night during dinner, the girls usually ask "Mommy did you make this all by yourself?" They know that daddy usually helps and they are impressed when I do actually cook all by myself. So last night, they said "Mommy you did good cooking by yourself" and I said "Daddy helped me" and they looked at each other puzzled, and then said "No he didn't, he's in China! Silly Mommy!"
We're doing okay with Bill away. We miss him. Jadyn misses him a lot but does not like to express it. I think being able to see him and talk to him helps them. I pray that he'll have a good internet connection at the camp. I guess only time will tell.
He's been gone 3 days now. Some moments it feels like he's been gone a week. Other's it feels like he just left. One more week and he'll be home. I can't wait.
Hopefully he'll be waking up soon and we'll be able to chat with him one more time. I'll keep you posted.
Love, Debbie

No comments: